Monday, October 26, 2009

Ready or not, here it comes

With how the Broncos have been playing the NBA season has snuck up on me. Hard to believe it starts tomorrow night. Not really ready for it, we are not even half way through the NFL season. But this is how it is every year, just wasn't ready for the Broncos to be relevant. This is also the first year in many I am not that excited about the Mavericks. They are middle of the pack yet again. Everyone is a year older and a step slower. Dirk is 31 and beginning the down side of his career. Kidd is old enough to be my dad and Josh Howard is hurt yet again. I guess when it comes to my teams I can be a little pessimistic. Broncos have so far proved me wrong and the Mavs could too. Just don't think they do anything different than they have the last ten years. 50 or so wins and a 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs. The addition of Shawn Marion could be a much needed boost. We will see how that plays out. I think it was a bad idea to let Brandon Bass. The guy is a beast and a decent shooter. Other than that we replaced an average bench with another average bench. Drew Gooden has not been good since leaving Kansas for the NBA. But our rookie Rodrique Beaubios could be a decent player in a few years. My interest in the Mavs might be whaning a little, but once it gets further into the season I will be pulling for Dirk like I always do. I also think this might be the last year they have any shot to make the finals. I strongly don't think they but time is running out on this team.
I am band wagon fan at times. I enjoy watching certain teams do well. I really enjoyed watching the Celtics win it all two years ago. When the Clippers made the playoffs a few years back I loved it. For Caleb's sanity I would like to see the Timberwolves do something useful in their exsistence. My interest for the Mavs really only goes as far as Dirk. So I think it would be alright if I pulled for my childhood team this year. I might have jumped the wagon to cheer for Dirk and the Mavs but I think I can ride two wagons at the same time. I am speaking of the Portland Trail Blazers who I hope will push themselves to the upper echelon this year. They have the tools to be a special team. Brandon Roy is awesome. LaMarcus Aldrigde is pretty darn good. Greg Oden could be a force is he could learn to keep his hands to himself. Andre Miller is an improvement over Steve Blake and should average double digits assists this year. Rudy Fernandez is a great spark plug off the bench. Travis Outlaw is a complement player and has the highest elevation of his jump shot of anyone in the NBA. That has to count for something. I just think they can finish in the top three in the west. I'm hoping at least. So here's to the Mavs and Blazers, hope you guys tear it up. And yes I can be a fan for two teams.

2 comments:

  1. Question, have you ever tried riding in two wagons at once?

    Also, Miller might be an improvement, but if he averages double digit assists, I will be shocked. Not sure he's that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did once in a dream. pulled a muscle but other than that it went pretty good.

    I might be reaching with Miller. But with the talent around him, he would have to be Allen Iverson not to rack up the assists.

    ReplyDelete