Thursday, October 1, 2009

It could get ugly, but its been fun so far

214 and 5. Maybe those numbers don't seem to impressive to the casual observer. But to me it is sweet music to my ears. 214 happens to be the amount of yards the Broncos are giving up in their first three games. 5 is the amount of points that they are allowing opponents. That qualifies the Broncos for having the number one defense in the National Football League. I am trying not to be overly excited about this when I thought the Broncos would be terrible on defense and suck terribly overall. Yes I know it was against the Bengals, Browns, and Raiders. But before you write me off as a stupid and delusional fan, hear this. The Packers and Steelers couldn't hold the Bengals. The Vikings had a whole half of problems against the Browns. And the Chargers almost lost to the Raiders. Steelers are the defending champions. Vikings and Chargers are suppose to be the Super Bowl match up according to many. So yes, I probably am a little biased. And yes I had a bad Bronco team winning these first three games. So whats the big deal? Its the fact that the Broncos were almost dead last in every defensive category last season. The offense is struggling, but defense can win you games. And with the running game the Broncos have had so far, the Broncos might be better than 6 wins. Then again they might lose every game from here on out just to spite me. There is no way to know, but I do like what I see from the defensive side of the ball this season. They could still finish dead last again, but improvements have been made. And its been fun to watch. Now if we could just find a way to pass the ball to our talented receiving corps. But you can't have everything right?

No comments:

Post a Comment