Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What arm?

Has my closest friends can attest, in college I was rather cocky about my throwing arm. Seemed to think it was a rocket or something stupid like that. The older I've gotten the more I realize that its a very ordinary arm. To prove my point I was just out throwing the football around with some of my students and got this great idea. Let's try and throw the football over the tallest tree. In my limited defense the students tried it first. Well somehow I managed to get the dumb football stuck at the very top of the tree. The only thing at our immediate disposal was a tennis ball. The next 30 minutes was spent chucking a tennis ball at our stuck football. It only took me half of that 30 minutes to realize that even if the tennis manage to hit the football it probably wouldn't do anything. The second 15 minutes was spent deciding what else to throw. How about another football? First try the 2nd football seemed to get stuck for a few seconds and then fell down. On my second try both footballs feel successfully to the ground. Rocket arm my ass.

1 comment:

  1. Still sounds like you have an arm. Get it warmed up I am coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete