Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dogs v. Cats

Its a discussion that will go on as long has there is a human race. Which is better dogs or cats? For most of my life I have been a dog person the whole way. As I have gotten older my stance on cats has softened a little. Having a cat that actually likes people and doesn't claw everything to shreds would be alright for me. That was until my sister got TWO cats. She already has a dog, who has got to be the most ballless dog I have ever encountered. He is very concerned about these creatures that have taken over his domain. Instead of letting them know who is boss, anytime he gets hissed at or clawed, he goes running to my sister. I still love him, but he really needs to grow a pair. Today was the first time I spent more than a few minutes with the little devil's. Yes they are cute, yes they cuddle, yes they purr like crazy, but they are also very annoying. I couldn't walk without stepping on one. They get into things they aren't suppose to. They can jump to just about anything. They fraid my basketball shorts, and they smell. To top it off the littlest one just hauled off and bit me. Poor thing landed a few feet away. Everytime I turned around my sister was having to spray one with water cuz it was doing something bad. Through the whole ordeal I decided they are more trouble than they are worth. I might think about it, if you give me one who is already trained. I know dogs are a terrible hassle too, but for some reason I can put up with them a whole lot better. A nice loving cat can be a great thing, but I am really a dog guy. RIP Yukon, love ya and miss you buddy.

2 comments:

  1. Question, is your sister's dog a female? Two part question, is it neutered? A yes answer to either of these questions is yes that would explain the ball-less part. Also female or neutered dogs can't re-grow a pair like humans. That is what sets us apart. That and opposable thumbs. And fire, the ability to create fire. And FYI, you can kill a person and get less jail time than you would for killing a dog so... that makes us better too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, Big K (the dog) is male and not neutered. Somehow, he is still ball-less. I'm wondering if the cats are worth it too. So cute, so much trouble. Can't bail on them though.

    ReplyDelete