Monday, September 21, 2009

If Your Team Sucks... Play The Browns

My pick for the game: 24-13 win
Actual score: 27-6 win
We scored more and held them to less. I like it.

Maybe, just maybe the Broncos might actually have a defense this year. The Bengals and Browns are not good, but last year it didn't matter. A Pop Warner team coulda scored on the Broncos last year. So the improvement being witnessed is pretty sweet. I still don't believe the Broncos are a good football team and I still stand by my 6 wins prediction. Its just nice to see them win a couple of games. Now would the Bears please lose every game here on out, so we can get a decent draft pick. And thanks for the advice Caleb, but I'll stick with yes/no format. You can keep your plus and minuses. Good post about the Packers btw. Sucks when 16-0 slips through your fingers. Broncos are still on pace though. Enough rambling, on to the quick hits.

Yes- to the Broncos holding the Browns to 200 yards of total offense and just six points.

No- To Peyton Hillis fumbling the opening kickoff.

Yes- To Elvis Dumervil and his four sacks. This 3-4 might work after all and it appears that LB agrees with Elvis.

No- To limited touches for Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. Why can't we get these guys the ball? And why did Marshall sit out most of the first half?

Yes- To 449 yards of total offense, especially almost 200 in rushing. Moreno looked good and Buckhalter even better.

No- To Kyle Orton completing barely 50% of his passes. 19-37.

Yes- Still no turnovers for Orton. Incredible. He is doing what he needs to do to not lose the game. Would like to see him do more to go out and win it.

No- An offense that put up 449 yards but is still struggling to find its rhythm. I just have this feeling that it can be explosive. Maybe I'm dreaming. Don't know if I can ever be comfortable with Orton.

Yes- To an improving defense.

Yes- The fact that I am running out of NO's is a good sign. Broncos played very well, but again I am very skeptical and will wait to see how the Broncos fair in future weeks. I think we can get a win in Oakland on Sunday, but after that its gonna get pretty dicey. We will see if this defense is really improved or just looking good against bad teams.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing GB plays them this year, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete