Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kids aren't dumb, they just don't think

My students will never cease to amaze me with their decision making process or their lack of any such process. Sunday night one of my students decided he didn't like stairs. They are to slow and need to be skipped. I really didn't feel to sorry for him, when he ended up at the bottom of the stairs in a pile, screaming that he hurt. His ankle swelled up like a grapefruit and we had to take him in for x-rays. Minor sprain. Almost wish the idiot had broken it, maybe he'd learn. Probably not though. They just don't think.
Monday I was greeted by a student who had attempted to play leap frog with a fellow classmate, on the sidewalk, on the cement. As you have probably already figured out, he didn't make it and did a very impressive face plant. Messed up his shoulder, his face, and chipped a tooth. His mother is gonna wonder what I did to him. I guess I was once a stupid kid too, so I can't be too hard on them, but.... leap frog on the cement, seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait til you teach your students about the internet and they go on and google you, find your blog, and then see all the mean stuff you say about them. Don't worry, when it comes to that, I've got yo back

    ReplyDelete