Monday, September 14, 2009

It was ugly, but still a W

My pick for the game: 20-17
Actual score: 12-7

That had to be one of the worst Bronco games I have ever seen. And somehow we still managed to win on a tipped pass caught by Brandon Stokely and run 87 yards for the game-winning touchdown. Craziness. Not sure we deserved to win, but neither did the Bengals. So might as well as been us.
I thought Caleb's quick hits was very good, although he rambled just like I said he does. But the best compliment is copying so here are my quick hits, also not very quick.

Yes- To Kyle Orton not turning the ball over. Yes you heard me right, he didn't turn it over once.

No- To Kyle Orton not being able to get the ball to our numerous play makers in places for them to make plays.

No- To Kyle Orton getting three passes batted down at the line cuz he locked in one reciever and never took his eyes off of him.

No- To Brandon Marshall looking like he hasn't played football in months. Wait, I don't think he has. Idiot.

No- To Eddie Royal running the ball out of the end zone and falling down at the 17 with time being a precious thing.

No- To the electric ( sometimes stupid) Eddie Royal only getting two catches.

Yes- To a defense that I thought would be terrible and yet played a very good game. Giving up to many yards, but holding the Bengals to only one score and big drive. Also sacking the quarterback and forcing turnovers. We didn't do that in 16 games last year.

Yes- To Tony Scheffler getting tired of Orton not getting him the ball and going on defense and getting a catch.

Yes/No- To Orton and Stokely not hooking up the 6 times they tried to, but finally hooking up when they weren't trying to.

Yes- To Brandon Stokely running along side the end zone to run time off the clock.

No- To Chad Johnson being a douchbag. Or is that a yes?

No- To retarded commentators. All Bronco and Packer games will be taken over in 2010 by Caleb (Cabe) Herwick and Daniel Force in the booth and Ryan (Rock) Christiansen on the sidelines.

Yes- To a Denver Bronco win.

Next week against the Browns I really hope we can get our offense on track. Moreno, Buckhalter, Marshall, Royal, Graham, Scheffler make a good mix of play makers and we just need Orton to get them the ball. Our defense looked liked they actually get paid and I hope we can continue to improve.
I think I wrapped this up a little quicker than my rambling counterpart, but I'm not as funny. Oh well. I do want to send a shout out to my buddy Rock. Johnny Jolly, who woulda thunk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment